If you are reading this there is a possibility you are considering suicide. I’m here to beg you to Choose Hope, Not Suicide. Listen, I know you can give me a dozen reasons you are considering this drastic measure of ending it all. Yet before you do anything, challenge yourself to write down five choices of hope.
Or maybe you can write five things you are grateful for. Or maybe just five things that make you smile. Need help?
- I hope that things will get better.
- I hope that I will overcome.
- I hope that one day I will feel truly loved.
- I hope that my family really does love me/
- I hope that this whole God thing is real.
- I’m grateful for today.
- I’m grateful I have a choice.
- I’m grateful for my past, my present and my future.
- I’m grateful for the good things that have happened to me.
- I’m grateful to those that take time with me.
- A beautiful sunset makes me smile.
- My dog, cat or fish makes me smile.
- A funny YouTube video makes me smile.
- A phone call from a friend makes me smile.
- A taco makes me smile.
I hope you can find just a little glimmer of hope, or a smile or a peaceful feeling in any of those. Write your own! Stop and think these through before doing anything else.
It’s your life. You get to choose. You have that power. Choose life. You will thank yourself later that you did.
National Suicide Hotline